hi,
  I have upgraded from trunk (aug built) to backfire.
I was getting the rssi value, length of the mpdu captured etc from the
driver to mac80211 using the control buffer.
mac80211 version i was using before( compat-wireless-2011-08-26)  had
enough unused bytes to get all of this,
but the mac80211 version used in backfire (or the one i am using with
backfire) has all the bytes already used.
In this case, how will it be possible to get the data from ath9k driver to
mac80211 subsystem.

Also, I wanted to know what are the fields
  u8 chains;
  s8 chain_signal[4];

used by the version compat-wireless-2011-11-15 indicating ?
I don't see them being printed in iw output also ?

Can someone please help.

-Abhinav