On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 21:00 +0200, jbem...@zonnet.nl wrote:
> Hi Salander,
>
> Yes, I studied that, but my problem is that my changes to
> board_bcm63xx.c are under build_dir. I'm not sure where the original
> file lives in SVN, it could be in some tar ball?
>
> There's several similar patches (e.g.
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/brcm63xx/patches-3.3/512-board_BTV2110.patch),
>  but I don't see against which directory those were
> made?

You need to use the quilt patch management tool. It's covered here
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/patches. In particular you are looking
at a kernel patch.

The patch you mention above is to be applied to the linux brcm63xx 3.3
kernel tree under build_dir.

The birds-eye-view is that these patches are applied in the build_dir
tree. With the help of quilt you will make an edit in the build_dir tree
and it will become a patch in the target tree.

Conor