On 4/18/2012 5:15 PM, Ben West wrote:
If the access points are very close together, you might also try turning down TX power on both ends.

What is the dBm reported by iw station dump at each end? Anything below 60dBm might indicate the radios are talking way too loud.

While they were sitting at -40 for a little while I turned the tx power on both sides way down to achieve about -62. I also have RF terminators I have tried with that bring it down into the -70's at close range. Each scenario seems to produce the same result.

I seem to have an excessive amount of tx retries as well, I wonder if that has something to do with it? Which makes me think it's more of a hardware issue. I don't know.

Thanks (and sorry for the company footer, I can't turn it off)