Hi Everyone,

AR7240 has integrtaed 803.2 ethernet switch with five 10/100 Mbps Fast
ethernet MAC/PHY. We want to do loopback test on the ethernet peripheral of
AP91.

I had few questions here:
1. AR7240 ethernet reigisters shows two bits for loopback
     a. In MAC configuration 1 register, bit 8: Enabling this as we
understand enables MAC loopback.
     b. Port Control register, bit 12: Description of register says
"Setting this bit to 1 enables the MAC loopback function on MII interface"
As we understand this is "MII  loopback" and enabling just this bit (with
MAC configuration register bit 8 reset) we should have MII loopback. Is the
understanding correct here for MII loopback, does ar7240 switch support MII
loopback?
2. Does the switch support PHY loopback and how do we enable that?
3. Which ethernet switch from atheros is used in AR7240?

I basically need information on what all ethernet loopback modes AR7240
support and how to enable that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Parul