On 06/21/2012 11:26 AM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2012 11:19:23 Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> CFE-
>>> console.patch
>>>
>>> Can you try to load just the ELF kernel from CFE? Hauke, do you have any
> idea
>>> what could have gone wrong for Rafal's device?
>>
>> I've no idea how Netgear did this, but they installed some prehistoric
>> version of CFE on this device. It's "CFE for WNDR4500 version:
>> v1.0.3", it doesn't have basic commands like "help" or "printenv"
>> included :|
>>
>> I'm going to try following:
>> CFE> boot -elf 192.168.1.2:build_dir/linux-brcm47xx/vmlinux.elf
>> is this what you expected me to?
>
> Yes something like this should be fine.

Hi Rafał,

nice to see you working on the WNDR4500. I didn't had time the last
days, that's because I haven't answered earlier.

Hmm strange behavior. On most of my devices early printk is working
after removing this patch and selecting CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK in
target/linux/brcm47xx/config-3.3, so that looks correct. It could be
that this device is on of the device where early printk does not work.
That would be bad, but I haven't investigated why it does not work on
some devices.

You could try top boot a ramdisk from a tftp server from within CFE:
boot -tftp -elf 192.168.1.220:/brcm47xx/openwrt-brcm47xx-vmlinux.elf
here 192.168.1.220 is the IP address where the tftp server is running
and brcm47xx/openwrt-brcm47xx-vmlinux.elf is the patch on the tftp
server where the image can be found. To generate a ramdisk image select
"Target Images" --> "ramdisk" and in ramdisk menu "Compression" to lzma.

The BCM4706 is not fully supported and was never tested.

There is some part missing in drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon_pmu.c
bcma_pmu_get_clockcpu() which is probably needed for this device.

OpenWrt does not support the NAND flash controller found in this device
there is just support for an older version, but I have never tested that
as I do not have a device with NAND flash.

By the way, the GPL tar provided by Asus for their RT-AC66U contains the
source code for the Ethernet driver licensed under a permissive license.

Hauke