On 07/31/2012 11:45 PM, LEO Airwarosu Yoichi Shinoda wrote:
The problem of wmac based leds on WZR-HP-AG300H stimulated
some research on status of led support on other buffalo
units with wmac based leds.

The following results and observations are based on the
trunk revision r32910.

COMMON
- Wmac based leds do not appear in the /sys/class/leds
   directory until the corresponding phy is recognized and
   initialized, which happens during regular init.
   This suggest that we can not use wmac based leds to
   indicate the boot/init progress.

WZR-HP-G300NH2
- Current /etc/diag.sh uses buffalo:red:diag for indicating
   boot/init progress. This led is connected to the platform's
   gpio, so it works. However, the problem is that it "REMAINS
   LIT" when the boot/init completes. VERY mis-leading.

The problem here is that the LED handling is done in the wrong
order.  I submitted a fix/patch(?) for this months ago, but
it seems to have been ignored or lost.  I can dig it out
again - the fix is pretty simple.

But yes, the requirement to enable WLAN first is a bit
annoying.  In many of our deployments, we don't even
use that - we use G300NH, G300NH2 and AG300H.