On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Bas Mevissen <ab...@basmevissen.nl> wrote:

> Does this WPS patch set contain a way to mitigate the security design flaw?

Not yet.

> Reading the Wikipedia article
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup#Security), it looks
> to me a compatible fix should be possible.

I'm not an expert, but, from the picture of the whole system I gained
by reading here and there, it is possible.  In particular, the brute
force attack can be brought from feasible to computationally
impossible with the following precautions:

- increase the wait time between one attempt and a new one
- enable a setup time window by mean of a (virtual) button to be
pressed on the router
- move away from label setup method to a more secure one such as keypad method.

The last point is my final goal.  My plan is to have a web page
securely accessible on the router where one can enter random PINs
generated by devices that want to connect to my network.

I hope some maintainer on this list will read my posts and make the commits.

--
Lorenzo