Hi!

On 18/10/12 22:59, open...@lukaperkov.net wrote:
> All our kirkwood uboot patches have been upstreamed with this release ;)
>
> Board owners please test this patch and give feedback for the boards:
>
>  * sheevaplug
>  * dockstar
>  * iconnect

ACK. Works on the iConnect.

Just lost the environment as it isn't stored in an separate mtd partition and I
did mtd erase u-boot ... :/

Having u-boot and u-boot-env separate would make it easier and also reduce the
risks involved when dealing with either one of them.

Besides that, we should have the resulting .kwb image aligned with the NAND
pages, otherwise flashing it results in:
nand_do_write_ops: attempt to write non page aligned data
Error writing image.

So it would be nice to have the partition layout in-sync with what we got in the
kernel.

U-Boot default env:
mtdparts=mtdparts=orion_nand:0x80000@0x0(uboot),0x20000@0x80000(uboot_env),-@0xa0000(rootfs)
vs.
arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/iconnect-setup.c:
static struct mtd_partition iconnect_nand_parts[] = {
        {
                .name = "u-boot",
                .offset = 0,
                .size = SZ_1M
        }, {
                .name = "uImage",
                .offset = MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK,
                .size = SZ_1M + SZ_2M
        }, {
                .name = "rootfs",
                .offset = MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK,
                .size = SZ_32M,
        }, {
                .name = "data",
                .offset = MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK,
                .size = MTDPART_SIZ_FULL
        },
};

U-Boot 2012.10 (Oct 23 2012 - 14:48:13) Iomega iConnect

SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A0
DRAM:  256 MiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
NAND:  512 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   egiga0