On 06/11/12 12:29, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:
[...]
> TP-link wr1043nd was configured as follows:
> VLAN 2:
>       info: VLAN 2: Ports: '01', members=0021, untag=0001, fid=0
>       fid: 0
>       ports: 0 1

Looks like VLAN 2 here got no host-interface (i.e. '5t' is missing) -- this will
make the two ports behave like a "two-port switch" and not allow the wr1043nd
itself to participate in that network.

> Now pptp link fails to come up with no visible relevant messages/complaints.
>
> Then we created /etc/ppp/peers/isp describing the connection.
> Issueing "pppd call isp nodetach debug" completes without any messages.
> I've noticed that ppp.sh exits as soon as the server is available.
>
> Any help is much appreciated. I'll try to provide whatever debugging
> information necessary.

Using /etc/ppp/peers/isp and directly using pppd to dial-up may work, but I
highly recommend to use /etc/config/network and have netifd manage the
connection.

Anyway, in /etc/ppp/peers/isp, do you use pptpd to call ppdp or pppd pty 'pptpd
...' or pppd plugin pptp.so ?