On 09/11/12 13:16, Karl Palsson wrote:
On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 06:11:47AM -0500, Jonathan Bither wrote:
Good morning list,
        I was writing to ask if there is a current maintainer for the Atheros
target that I may contact.
The reason that I ask is because I was contacted about a patch that I had
submitted prior in regards to allowing various EnGenius devices to successfully
reboot without a kernel hang. The patch didn't receive feedback and was never
accepted.

I know that most maintainers have moved on to more common and higher
performance chipsets as of late, however there are still a lot of ar231x and
ar531x chipsets still in the field.

I will be required to maintain updates on these chipsets for my company and as
such I would like to find the best way to submit various patches to the target
with the highest probability of getting accepted. Would me cloning the OpenWRT
mirror on github and submitting pull requests be sufficient, or would each
patch source have to be sent through the mailing list?

I can't speak for the maintainer or OpenWRT development team, but we still use
ar2317
platforms here, and I'm more than happy to help out with testing these devices.
Unfornately, we _only_ have ar2317, so I can't help with verifying any of the
unification
code.

Sincerely,
Karl P