Le 12/13/12 14:57, Hauke Mehrtens a écrit :
On 12/11/2012 06:19 PM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
Hello,

I would add to the list:

5. this driver probably needs some kind of specific driver for its
internal BCMA PHY, and the MDIO operations. The driver does a tad too
much MDIO/PHY stuff, suggesting that it should be one or two separate
drivers.

6. you should implement phylib so that it is easy to hook OpenWrt switch
drivers, and also detect and probe the internal BCMA PHY.
Do you have a good example of a driver using phylib and how a switch
driver could be hooked in? This would also apply for b44 as it still
uses the strange robo switch driver in OpenWrt, which by the way also
works with bgmac. I think someone started with converting b44 to use
this some time ago.
Yes, I actually had a patch for that I did not test, it's on my machine at home, will send it to you later. A good example is the bcm63xx_enet driver for instance.

Jonas already started working on a swconfig driver for roboswitches, so it is just a matter of putting all these pieces together now.
--
Florian