* Brian J. Murrell <br...@interlinx.bc.ca> [31.12.2012 14:39]:
> On 12-12-29 05:23 AM, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
>
> Interesting perspective.  The reason it seemed so important here to shut
> it down was because I had configured it to forward to a syslog server
> here and then also configured syslog-ng3 to do the same.  Of course that
> was not a good situation.

the best way to solve this problem is IMHO to
write an startup-script for both and delete it from "/etc/init.d/boot"
so the "busybox"-logger simply gets overwritten when you install
"syslog-ng3". and a hook with "/etc/init.d/syslog stop" should run
in preinstall.

I'm unsure if the call in "/etc/init.d/rcS" it tooo hardcoded:

# [ -x /usr/bin/logger ] && LOGGER="logger -s -p 6 -t sysinit"

bye, bastian