On 02/11/2013 12:04 PM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
Hey,

I'm trying to prepare an update of udev/libudev to latest upstream. As
you may already know, udev/libudev sources are now within systemd. I'm
not fully sure how to handle this issue; so I'm hoping to get some
advice here. Comments welcome!

One option is to build systemd completely (e.g. without enabling any
special feature, just the bare minimum), and then package in the
udev/libudev packages only what we are interested for. This option would
require to have libcap and dbus as build dependencies; but these are not

For what it's worth - and my requirements are often tangential to
the OpenWrt developers ;-)  I think this approach makes the most
sense.  There will almost certainly be someone sometime who wants
the other bits, and building optional parts is best.   I'd also
like to see an update to udev, since there have been various
bugs I've fought in older versions, so will take what I can
get.