Hi!

Today I dreamed about using mktorrent and aria2 to improve the source-code
distribution situation and be more prone to mirror downtimes.
Dynamically generating a torrent bundle for each source-package could be another
Make target or even part of the update target (i.e. generate the torrent file,
set web-seed HTTP mirrors)... Maybe even patching magnet URLs into the package
Makefiles :)
Getting download.pl to probe for torrent files in the package directory or use
magnet-URLs on use some text-mode torrent client should also not be too
difficult, then preferably running single background process handling all
downloads and seeding in parallel.

What are your preferences regarding the integration into the Makefile voodoo?
I imagine it as an experimental feature, selectable in menuconfig, in my wildest
dreams the torrent-client integration could even be modular and allow the user
to choose the torrent-client implementation she likes.

Ideas? Hints?

Cheers

Daniel