Hi Jon,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM, jonsm...@gmail.com <jonsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any such thing as an AP mode UI for OpenWRT?  Sometimes is is
> useful to turn routers into APs.
>
> I'm able to do this by turning off all of the router stuff (like DHCP) but
> there doesn't seem to be any 'one button' way to switch modes and hide all
> of the irrelevant stuff in AP mode.
>
> AP mode needs to keep stuff like wifi setup.

My approach to this problem i to have two configurations, one for AP
and one for STA - so duplication of all necessary config files (there
are 3 of them actually). I found it easier than to use some script and
sed for example to change configuration.

Then it is just 'one button' solution - all what to script has to do
is  to "down" the wifi, copy adequate files and "up" the wifi.

Take a look at the example here :
https://github.com/drasko/weio/tree/master/files/etc/config

BR,
Drasko