On 11/01/2013 01:22 PM, James Hilliard wrote:
> I noticed that there is a broadcom ARM build option but it only seems to
> build for the r6250 and I'm not sure if its actually making installable
> builds. I have a number of very large patches that are part of the build
> system for these routers. Has anyone been working on these recently? The
> broadcom-wl arm driver for this appears to be relocatable to any kernel
> provided the kernel is patched properly with the open source hnd
> dependencies.

Hi James,

The Broadcom ARM target is for the Northstar BCM470{7,8,9} and BCM5310X
Chips. I am working on that when I find some time. It currently
generates only images for the Netgear R6250 because this is the only
device with this SoC I have, the code should also work on other devices
with this SoC.

Images from this target are only booting, currently Ethernet, flash,
wireless, pci and so on are not working.

The broadcom-wl in OpenWrt does not have a ARM binary blob just Mips
blobs and it does not support the BCM4331 or any ieee80211ac chip from
Broadcom, this has to be replaced with a more recent one, but
broadcom-wl is relocatable on MIPS, we use it with various different
kernel versions and configurations.

What patches do you have for this SoC?

Hauke