Hi Hauke,

What you mean by zram worked differently ? As far as I know zram
(previously known as compcache) has been merged to the Linux Kernel at 3.2
so it should be there on 3.3 as well (check drivers/staging/zram).

I have talked to Bastien in another conversation and he mentioned he has a
WRT54G running fine with Barrier Breaker (which has zram as a kmod
package), but not sure it's enabled by default or not. I'm interested to to
hear if it's having any improvements (how effective the swap zram is being
used) and if it is a stripped down build (no LuCI and other packages) or a
normal build. Also how big the swap zram should be ? 6MB (as kalua script
suggests) or 8MB (half of the memory) ?

I have seen a couple of people saying they have managed to flash brcm47xx
Attitude Adjustment to WRT54G routers but got instability issues (slowness
or disconnects).

So if Barrier Breaker is working fine on WRT54G (with zram activated?) then
what would be the challenges to port that work already done back to
Attitude Adjustment ?

Best regards,

Fernando