On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:41:15 +0100
"Imre Kaloz" <ka...@openwrt.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:38:19 +0100, Nathan Hintz <nlhi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >     Set ARCH=arm in target/linux/ixp4xx/Makefile
>
> <snip>
>
> There are virtually zero LE ixp4xx devices out there, and this config doesn't
> even support those, only ones where the secondary bootloader swaps endianness
> before booting the kernel. So, frankly, what's the real-world use of this
> additional subtarget?
>

> Imre

Hi Imre:

The patches stopped a little short of creating an additional "subtarget"; but
with the patches, it's possible to make a LE build with minor hand
modifications to the target Makefile and kernel config.  Making an additional
official subtarget was not the goal.  I've used this in the past for debugging
purposes, and am currently using this to experiment with BitTorrent Sync
(currently closed source, and not available for BE ARM) using an eglibc build.
I don't own any of the other devices you speak of, so I can't address them.  I
don't believe the patches are harmful to the existing target; so I submitted
them with the thought they might be useful to someone else.

Thanks,

--
Nathan