> Maybe I'm missing the point, but 3.12.2y is still a 3.12.2 kernel with some
> added patches. There is no reason to
> handle this version like another kernel version, force all bcm2708 devices to
> use this kernel (Raspi may be the
> biggest provider for bcm2708 powerd board, it doesn't mean they are the only
> one) and so on. The fact that the
> current trunk build binaries for the raspi doesn't mean it targets only the
> raspi.
Currently raspi _is_ the only device in brcm2708. Some added patches = 8
megabytes of patches.
> There might be some better thing to do - as of today, it's possisble to have
> patches for a specific architecture
> - maybe you can take advantage of this, or maybe the OpenWRT makefiles should
> allow the possibility to propose
> patches for a specific arch profile.
Yeah, well, the first time I introduced this patch, I gave a 8mb patch that
patches vanilla 3.12.2 kernel for 3.12.2y..
I was requested to divide patches from there to sets of patches. Well, when I
take 8 megabytes and start dividing it to a set of patches, when
the job is complete, my work is already very old - we propably run a 4.x branch
kernel's then.

I provided a new patch that is even smaller and patches only 4 files. Might be
that there are better ways to do this so all brcm2708 wouldn't affect with
this but at the moment; rpi really is only supported device in brcm2708..