John,

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 16:21:35 +0100, John Szakmeister <j...@szakmeister.net>
wrote:

I'm looking to add support for a board into OpenWRT, and I'm curious
you guys so neatly split the configuration between the top-level, the
architecture, and the boards.  It's an ARM-based board and we plan on
using device tree.  With all the interaction between kernel
selections, I want to make sure I have the correct bits selected.

Generic (even arch specific) option go into
target/linux/generic/config-$VERSION, and target specific options / overrides
go into target/linux/$BOARD/config-{default,$VERSION}

Subtarget config options override target config options, target config options
override generic config options :)

Imre