> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Florian Fainelli <flor...@openwrt.org>
> wrote:
>> <ppvazquez...@gmail.com>:
>>> Select HW_RANDOM_BCM63XX only in the SoCs that support it.
>>>
>>> Only BCM6368, BCM6362 and BCM63268 have a hardware random numbers
>>> generator,
>>> so, if none of these are selected, don't compile a driver that has no
>>> effect.
>>>
>>> Tested with BCM6358 and BCM6328 successfully.
>>
>> How about a Kconfig symbol such as BCM63XX_HAS_HWRANDOM that gets
>> selected by only the SoCs that support it? Hopefully in the future,
>> this list should grow rather than shrink.
>
> I think if you do the effort of disabling specific SoC support, then
> it isn't too much asked to also manually de-select the rng driver.

If you deselect HW_RANDOM, when compiling the kernel sends an error,
which is the reason of the patch.
> Also I think that we should go the other way and allow compilation of
> it for !BCM63XX if COMPILE_TEST is enabled, to allow better build test
> coverage.

Do you mean something like this?
http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-kernel/2013-July/005078.html

> And finally, these kind of patches should go to linux-mips.
>

> Regards
> Jonas

Are you sure about linux-mips? It scares me a bit.
Would not be better publish a patch here and Florian, Kevin Cernekee
or you send it with the adequate and professional description?

Regards:

Pepe