Some of the packages, apache with DSO, clamav with memory performance options are easier to work with in the native compile arrangement. Is see the http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/obtain.firmware.sdk but that seems to be specific to one architecture. I'm working with the Raspberry BCM2708 platform. I'm wondering if I should run arch linux on a raspberry pi and then build openwrt native with packages that way? Or is there another way with QEMU emulating the raspberry boot into raspbian to then do native compile?

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Derek