Hello,

I saw lately that the bandwidthd package was not maintained anymore (it is part of the oldpackages). I was able a few days ago to compile it for Chaos Calmer for the ar71xx and test it on a router that I have: it seems to be working fine and collecting the data correctly.

As the bandwidthd package on OpenWrt has a few items not present when compared to the full bandwidthd (ex: the ability to save on a postgresql database), I would like to see if it would be possible for me to become a maintainer of the package. I do not have any experience on maintaining a package for OpenWrt, but I am willing to learn to do it if I am pointed in the right direction.

--
Jean-Michel Lacroix
3303 place de Chazel