Hi,

On 05/24/2016 10:31 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
As it looks like the IRC meeting will not happen, because not so big
interest by the people not already involved in LEDE and problems finding
a time, lets discuss on the mailing list like suggested by Jow.

The point you are missing is that some of the OpenWrt core team is living in a non-EU timezone. We can pick a PDT timeslot that won't work for anyone living in EU, and say that LEDE is not interested in the discussion, but that's just not the proper way.

Currently it looks like only Luka is working on OpenWrt as he committed
many patches from LEDE to OpenWrt, which is fine.

It is one thing that there are no commits currently from anyone, until the OpenWrt/LEDE discussions are made.

What will happen to the OpenWrt project? To me it looks like nobody
except Luka is interested in working on OpenWrt. Are there any plans to
continue the OpenWrt project or will it just die, only nobody wants to
say it?

See above. We don't plan to play dead. Also, IIRC there are patches for
targets which are/were maintained by LEDE members. As far as I know,
commit rights have not been revoked (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Currently this is a bad situation for people that want to contribute
patches because they do not exactly know were to contribute, some post
them just to both list which is probably the best solution for the time
we do not have a real solution.

Yes, there might be some confusion about this, we are still lagging a bit behind due to the surprise fork. Luka sent a mail on some of the planned moves, please refer to that thread. (Jow, thanks for the buildbot-related number crunching.)

I do not plan to contribute much to OpenWrt any more and I do not know
if I can commit anything any more, at least it looks like I was kicked
from the openwrt-hackers mailing list without informing me.

I would like to see a reunion of LEDE and OpenWrt, so do any of the non
LEDE but OpenWrt core devs have any problems with the LEDE rules and so on?

This is my personal opinion and this was not somehow internally planned
with other LEDE people.

If I start a discussion about my employer-related topics along a beer with a couple friends, that's a private discussion with personal opinions. If I do it on any public channel, I can be felt to represent my employer on that topic. You seem to be representing LEDE.

Regards,
-w-