I agree that if the FCC pursues this proposal, that OpenWRT for 5 GHz devices
is doomed to return to the ‘get a binary with API’ from a validated provider,
that was required in the days of Madwifi.

This of course only helps large corporations that can put their devices in for
certification, and the smaller organizations which would use such devices, will
just have to take what they can get.

John Clark.