Pfeuffer, Dieter schrieb am 08.08.2017 um 12:03:
> My questions:
> 1. What is the better way, staying at Chaos Calmer or moving to LEDE?

Use the LEDE codebase at the moment, it has seen more activity during the
past year. To be more precise, use the LEDE trunk version to start, if it
got accepted, you can backport to older stable releases.

> 2. On which one will the coming remerge be based?

LEDE. It has had more progress.

> 3. Is there any deadline for the merge?

Not that I know. The first step (interacting with SPI) is taking much
longer than expected. So you could get your changes in before the remerge
of the code starts.

> 4. We still want to get mainline support for the NM50 in OpenWrt/LEDE. What
> is the right way to do it with success?

Checkout the current git-sources of LEDE, add high quality code and file a
pull request.