On 2018-05-23 02:45 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 17:24 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
PS: Remove this annoying tag '[OpenWrt-Devel]' from subject. XXI century in
the world - all email clients already know how filters messages based on
List-Id header.

Not everyone, plus lede mailing list also had prefix on subject line.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't pander to the lowest common denominator.

1) How many people have their own mail server and can do *server-side* mail filtering 2) In the absence of server-side mail filtering, what happens on mobile email clients (I don't use mobile for email, but it's a very popular thing among those who actually do more than make phone calls with their phone and/or tablets with data) re: filtering. Are there readily available email clients for mobile than are reasonably easy to configure to do filtering by List-Id? In the failing to accommodate for mobile access is a good way for a project to die a slow painful death. For that matter in 2018 there is a lot more cross-platform development, including using Windows (and there Outlook/365 as primary email) even for things like Openwrt development; again unless you want slow painful death and irrelevance.

Regards,

Daniel