The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
automatically by the mailing list software.
--- Begin Message ---

> On 21 Jun 2018, at 08:13, Jaap Buurman <jaapbuur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> The move to kernel 4.14 broke mtu settings larger than 1500 by
> default, unless the correct mtu was explicitly specified. The
> following commit fixes this for the mt7621 target:
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=5da2c68d001ee44b15a58639ed03a0ebb6f68020
>
> 1) Would it be possible for someone to cherry-pick this to the 18.06
> branch, so that it can receive widespread testing in the upcoming
> 18.06 RC1 release?

Personally I’d also pick the preceding mtk driver commit "ec502cd3fe ramips:
rename ethernet driver folder to the same one that upstream uses” for clarity &
easier cherry-picks going forward for 18.06.  And I’d be very strongly tempted
to have 9a4253b81f ramips: improve ethernet driver performance with GRO/TSO  as
well…. which gets 18.06 into the same state as master for mtk eth drivers.

> 2) From the commit's message I get the impression this isn't an issue
> with just mt7621, but with all targets that are able to handle a mtu >
> 1500. Is my impression correct in this regard, and is this something
> that should be fixed before a 18.06 release? Changing mtu settings >
> 1500 does sound like basic functionality for routers nowadays.

It is dependent upon the driver setting a suitable max_mtu in the netdev
structure *IF* it supports values greater than 1500.

+       if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SOC_MT7621))
+               netdev->max_mtu = 2048;

The version of driver included with kernel 4.14 at present is too dumb to
understand >1500 mtu, which is why openwrt replaces it with a version that
(now) does.

That’s my opinion anyway :-)

Kevin

--- End Message ---