On 2018-09-29 23:21, Rosen Penev wrote:

On Sep 29, 2018, at 14:14, Torbjorn Jansson

On 2018-09-29 21:55, Rosen Penev wrote:
On Sep 29, 2018, at 12:09, Jérôme Benoit <jbenoit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 29/09/2018 à 16:56, Felix Fietkau a écrit :

Flow offloading (as implemented in OpenWrt on 4.14) supports both
hardware offload and generic software offload for routing and NAT.
SFE is not necessary anymore.

So you've made a backport of
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/nf_flowtable.txt to
4.14 in OpenWRT ?
Yes. The OpenWrt version is potted to iptables and achieves something similar
to SFE. Hence my curiosity.
Hardware NAT of float is only supported in mt7621 currently. qca8k (Some
atheros switches) will be next I believe. We’ll see.

"of float" = offload, right?
a bit off-topic for this thread but if hw nat offloading is supported on mt7621
whats the requirements for getting it to work?
Yes. iPhone autocorrect is worse than Android.

Just enable in the Firewall settings in LuCI.

checkbox for hw offloading shows up for a fraction of a second when page is loaded but then it disappears.
so i take it luci removes it dynamically or something at page load.

so all i have is software flow offloading.

any specific modules or packages i need to install on my erx-sfp?
or do i need newer release of openwrt maybe?