Quoting Bjørn Mork <bj...@mork.no>:

<snip>

Yes.  The Quantenna module boots over this interface using tftp. I use
dnsmasq to serve it the u-boot.bin and topaz-linux.lzma.img images
(built using the Quantenna SDK - no OpenWrt here.  Yet :-).

Hmm I should try your work too! Check if 2nd GMAC is working on my board.
I hope I have some time this weekend.

<snip>

BTW. Do you have some more info about WAP6805? Not many hits on Google.

I believe it's a custom version of the WAP6806.  I've only seen it sold
from a local ISP under the marketing name "Altibox WiFi+.

You can see it here:
https://www.komplett.no/product/904060/datautstyr/nettverk/range-extender/altibox-wifi-pluss

I took a few pictures of the internals: https://www.mork.no/~bjorn/wap6805/

As you can see, it is a quite nice box: Easy to open without breaking
anything, and the board had two serial headers (both with "standard"
Mitrastar pinout - like the P8702N for example).  One of the serial
ports is connected to the console on the Quantenna module.

The Quantenna module is an oversized "mini-PCIe" module.  But as I said:
It is connected by RGMII. And obviously serial, and maybe some GPIOs?
So it cannot be simply replaced by a standard mini-PCIe module,
unfortunately.

If you look at the FCC photos linked from
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ZyXEL_WAP6806_(Armor_X1)
you will notice that the Quantenna module is exactly the same.  And the
main boards are almost identical.  The only differences appear to be due
to the casing.

The OEM firmware on the WAP6805 is of course slightly customized for
Altibox.  The most important change is the default root password, which
is Wi9cXkg5Hse2K

As you can see from the marketing stuff, it isn't really intended to be
managed by the end user at all. It will attempt to tunnel TR69 to
Altibox so they can configure it for you.  There isn't any local web gui
or anything.  But it runs dropbear by default, so who cares? :-)

Bjørn

Thanks,

Greats,

René