The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
automatically by the mailing list software.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:27 AM Andreas Böhler <d...@aboehler.at> wrote:
[...]
> What is the current state in switching to the upstream DSA switch driver?
> Can both drivers be handled, i.e. DSA for newly added devices and the
> legacy driver for older devices?
> Which driver should I target first, the legacy xrx200 or the DSA driver?
personally I would like to switch to the upstream DSA driver as soon
as possible.
this reduced the maintenance overhead when updating kernel versions

there's also some people (see recent mails) working on ARX300 support.
I fear that they may need to change the Ethernet driver and having an
out-of-tree driver just means that the work has to be done twice.

on IRC I asked about the DSA migration as well (that was some weeks ago).
here's the relevant conversation:
<xdarklight> Hauke: how about switching to the DSA driver for 5.4? I
don't want to mess with the GPHY loader and the out-of-tree Ethernet
driver
<Hauke> xdarklight: I would like to swithc to the DSA driver
<Hauke> but we probably need some migration path
<xdarklight> Hauke: maybe we can share a TODO-list somewhere so we can
write down everything that comes to our mind and then work on it
one-by-one
<jow> Hauke: I think it makes sense to switch to dsa without migration
<pkgadd> the wish for migration scripts exists for at least two years
(on mvebu and ipq806x) - and it's a good idea in principle, but
/etc/config/network is complex - and may be very complex at times (and
lantiq with the VLAN tagging necessary for multiple xDSL ISPs is not
an exception to that rule), so making migration support a requirement
probably ends up in a self-fullfilling prophecy to never switch to
<pkgadd> DSA (just because writing these scripts in a way that makes
them remotely safe to use is somewhere between very hard and close to
impossible)
<KanjiMonster> we do need to some enhance the existing for defining
vlan membership, pvids etc with vlan_aware bridges
<jow> yes
<jow> and this time we should define how the config should look like,
then implement it
<jow> to avoid inconsistencies and poor config layout like with
swconfig in the past
<mangix> Hauke: I suggest switching to DSA without migration as well.
The biggest problem is the one CPU port issue. Needs a patch.

so to me it seems that the swconfig to DSA migration is needed by
Lantiq and multiple other targets as well (mvebu and ipq806x are
listed above, but I think also ath79 is affected due to some qca8k
switches for which OpenWrt is using an out-of-tree driver)
unfortunately I have zero experience in that area and no insight into
the requirements needed for this migration (for me personally
resetting the network config to defaults when upgrading to a DSA based
OpenWrt version would work perfectly fine)

Martin

--- End Message ---