On 15/08/20 08:00, Shalla Thakur wrote:
Hi,

I see that with default configuration, openwrt always creates a bridge br-lan. I am running openwrt on virtualbox and am assigning only one interface to it. I don't want the bridge to be created by default. The interface should take IP configuration via dhcp.

Currently, after boot up, I do "uci set network.lan.type=''; uci set network.lan.proto='dhcp'". But I have to do it everytime I attach a vdi to the virtual machine.

Can I disable brige and all the zones completely during build time?

you can do the same as I told you for the inittab

The network configuration file (that is edited by uci with those commands, or by luci web interface and you can also edit manually with Vi or nano editors) is
/etc/config/network in the OpenWrt system

so just set a VM the way you like, copy this file contents and place a /files/etc/config/network in the base directory of the build system.
This will override the default settings with your own.

You can do the same for any other configuration you are changing with uci or Luci as it is just editing a file in /etc/config in the OpenWrt system.

I'm not sure about what you mean by "zones" but if you mean firewall zones it's in /etc/config/firewall

-Alberto