Hello Adrian,

On 8/21/20 3:56 PM, Adrian Schmutzler wrote:
Hi,

when working on the kernel 4.14 target removal, I found the following block in
package/kernel/mac80211/ath.mk:

config-$(call config_package,ath5k) += ATH5K
ifdef CONFIG_TARGET_ath25
   config-y += ATH5K_AHB
else
   config-y += ATH5K_PCI
endif

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/package/kernel/mac80211/ath.mk#L59

This looks to me like ATH5K_PCI is _always_ added (unless target is ath25). Is
there some reason for this or should this be changed to

config-$(call config_package,ath5k) += ATH5K
ifdef CONFIG_TARGET_ath25
   config-$(call config_package,ath5k) += ATH5K_AHB
else
   config-$(call config_package,ath5k) += ATH5K_PCI
endif

Even though ATH5K_AHB and ATH5K_PCI have no dependency on ATH5K defined upstream, both are only relevant when ATH5K is explicitly selected as neither of both select ATH5K implicitly.

So this should not make a difference whatsoever.

Best wishes
David

?

With ath25 removed this would then collapse into

config-$(call config_package,ath5k) += ATH5K ATH5K_PCI

which looks correct to me.

Best

Adrian