On Do, Dez 31, 2020 at 11:47, Bjørn Mork <bj...@mork.no> wrote:
Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org> writes:
 On Mi, Dez 30, 2020 at 10:03, Bjørn Mork <bj...@mork.no> wrote:
 Rosen Penev <ros...@gmail.com> writes:

I have git send-email preset to send stuff to this email address. I
  usually don't CC anyone.
 I don't understand what "maintainer" means in an OpenWrt context...

 My understanding is that a maintainer is a reasonable active and
 reliable person which either updates specific packages to newer
 versions or reviews other person version bumps (for those packages),

I believe that is an impossible task unless you are copied on patches.

 Anyway, do you plan to do something about usbreset as well, or will
 that
 be left as a redundant package?

Is usbutils redundant to usbreset? If so, let's remove the latter and
 move the former.

I pushed the OpenWrt usbreset implementation into (upstream) usbutils a long time ago, because it was generally useful regardless of distro. So
usbutils newer than v008 has the OpenWrt version of usbreset.

At this point OpenWrt comes with usbutils v007. I don't want to drop any development tools during the holidays but ideally move & upgrade usbutils within the next week and remove usbreset entirely.

Paul