Hi,

On 3/13/21 3:21 AM, Chuanhong Guo wrote:
Hi!

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 7:27 AM Bas Mevissen <ab...@basmevissen.nl> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for creating this patch. Got my X5000R today. Before flashing it
to OpenWRT, can you please tell me whether you (or anyone else) did
performance measurements with the original and the OpenWRT firmware?

The wifi chip used in this router wasn't supported by mt76 when I created
this patch, so my X5000R has no wifi now and I don't have any
wireless performance numbers.
My X5000R has been sitting on the shelf since I posted this patch, and
I don't even know whether the mt7915d used in this router is supported
now or not. You should probably ask TOTOLINK for a copy of the original
firmware image before trying OpenWrt, so that you can go back to the
original firmware if needed. (A forced sysupgrade from OpenWrt using
their firmware image should work.)

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

As probably no one tried reverting to the stock firmware, I'm a bit reluctant to do so. Although I intended this router as a playground, I now consider using it as AP for a while. As my TP-Link Archer C7's wifi isn't performing that well with OpenWRT as I hoped, I want the X5000R to take its place with the factory firmware until that gets sorted out. I might even end up buying another X5000R if the Archer cannot be faster, but it takes 6 weeks for the Totolink to arrive.

So would you be so kind to flash your X5000R with a recent build and check whether the wifi performs well? It would help me a lot. I can supply you with a build if that helps.

Many thanks in advance,

Bas.