Em dom., 17 de jul. de 2022 06:55, Paul Fertser <fercer...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 11:32:52PM -0300, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
> > It uses SOC := rtl8380 while all existing dgs-1210 F1 variants use
> > rtl8382 (except for the pending -52 variant). The commit didn't
> > mention why that happened.
>
> It's just cosmetic AFAICT but the datasheet clearly states that the
> SoC used for <=18 ports switches is called RTL8380.

It seems we have multiple SoCs for DGS-1210:

1) RTL8380 for -10
2) RTL8382 for -28
3) RTL8393 for -52

It is not the best approach to include a shared config and redefine a
property. The dgs-1210 definition should go in Makefile (we also have
an rtl8393) with only common properties and SoC should be defined by
each device. I was preparing something like that for -52 here:

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/10227/commits/8e5b473bc1f7f1a8ad796e8b8cc7587fedbad9f5

> > I'm not sure which one is correct here. However, if it is really a
> > different SoC and with what we currently know, we could create a
> > generic rtl83xx_d-link_dgs-1210.dtsi as the -52 variant uses even a
> > more different SoC (rtl8393). They share a lot of stuff like flash
> > layout and gpios (and the vendor firmware even uses the same image). I
> > could do some generic and family review but I only have -28 and -52
> > variants.
>
> I only have access to non-PoE dgs-1210-10 R1 board.
>
> You say they share GPIO layout, does it mean you currently can't fully
> handle SFP ports on your hardware but my patches make it work?

I believe the same setup might work for any dgs-1210 F series. It
makes sense as d-link uses a common firmware for Fx-Series. However, I
didn't test SFP patches in my -28 because I lost all my 1g modules a
couple years ago and 10g modules don't work. Anyway, the -52 variant
does seem to share the same GPIOs, even using a different SoC. Besides
reboot, reset button and led, I could only test the pin that detects
the module presence. All of them match those same pins used by other
variantes. I would expect that the remaining SFP pins are also at the
same positions. I only tried SFP patches to fix (it didn't) the combo
ports initialization in the -52 model, although they might touch
another part of the driver not used by that device (as it uses
different SoC).