> On Aug 12, 2022, at 11:53 AM, Florian Fainelli <f.faine...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK, the 3-4 years time frame is not something that we currently have with
> Linux kernels, it is either 2 years or 6 years, since 6 > 4, it sounds like
> we still have some interest in having 6 LTS kernels, but maybe not have every
> single LTS release be 6 years, right?

Is this the REAL problem?  That we need LTS releases?  Or that SoC's like the
MT76xx aren't able to keep up with new kernel releases?

Would we need to have LTS support if chips like the AR7 and the MT7623 had
ongoing kernel support from the manufacturers?  Isn't this latter point the
true root cause?

-Philip