On 2/21/23 11:02, Peter Naulls wrote:
On 2/15/23 10:17, Chuanhong Guo wrote:
Hi!

What to try next, thanks!

It looks like the detected spare size and ECC strength matches between the
two drivers, according to the u-boot message and kernel log.
Maybe you can try dumping the nand controller setup registers and compare
the register values between the two drivers?
I don't have any other easier ideas now :(

After some marathon debug, I have an answer to this.

It seems that once the MT7621 MMC driver gets loaded, then the NAND driver's
busy flag becomes stuck on forever. This was loaded as a module, so the
first few flash lookups (such as MAC addresses) would work, and then failure
after.

Why this might be, I don't know, and I don't have the appetite to look into the MMC driver - I disabled it in my build. I'm sure someone has some insight
into this.  I was able to get both the legacy driver and the current kernel
driver working - but the former is rife with problems, so there's no cause
to use it.

Thanks again to Chuanhong.