On 6/1/23 15:50, Linus Walleij wrote:
On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 3:48 PM Christian Lamparter <chunk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmpf. Unfortunately, OpenWrt's 6.1 isn't ready yet. If I just
set the KERNEL_VERSION to 6.1 then the build-bots will fail to
produce images.

Aha how typical.

hey, easy there ;)

I think I might be able to explain why I resort to "sorry, but we
are not ready yet" excuses based on this patch series.

I looked into "how to get the old and new usb-fotg210" into one
"define KernelPackage/usb-fotg210". Thing is, you put backported
fotg's 6.2 infrastructure into your gemini's patches:
0002-usb-fotg210-Collect-pieces-of-dual-mode-controller.patch
(that's a big one!)

So, your gemini's 6.1 isn't the same as every other target in
regard to fotg210 there (that said, gemini is currently the
only user due to @TARGET_gemini. phew!). Due to the Makefile
and KConfig changes: in OpenWrt's vanilla 6.1 the module is still
fotg210-hcd(.ko), whereas gemini's 6.1 its been changed to fotg210(.ko).
So, to deal with this at least a little bit, I just moved it to
target/linux/gemini/modules.mk .

That said: This should be worth it? Reason being that since all
this extra time spend, should make the target+fotg210 ready for
the upcoming, next stable release (v6.6/7?), right?

Cheers,
Christian

BTW: Do you have some time to look into realtek's DSA for the
RTL8363SB? I'm converting some of the APM821xx Devices
to DSA and the rtl8365mb seems promising. I've seen that you did
some major work there. But there are some snags that I'm not sure
are limited to the RTL8363SB (access through MDIO needs different
code. And what's up with the CPU-Port or Extif?) or not.
(will post to the appropriate ML for that in the "upcoming months")