> fully openwrt-compatible routers with the works?  that is, 2.6 kernel,
> working wireless, USB ports, GUI, etc?

So, not a recommendation, but I (already) have a WRT600N (actually
two), and I'm pretty sure getting it working under openwrt shouldn't
be that hard at this point (it works under dd-wrt).  I'm planning on
getting around to it sometime soon.

I believe this would be 2.6 + dual band 802.11n + gigabit 5 port
switch + 1 x usb.

I'm mentioning this, because:
a) it might get me to actually to work on it
b) I think the support is at most a few lines (switch detection) short
at this point
c) having someone bugging me might accelerate the process