Today, I attempted to load openwrt on the above hardware, using the factory firmware flash method, according to the instructions on the hardware-specific page. The 'upgrade firmware' routine returned with a failure message after only about five seconds. Thinking the image might be corrupted, I downloaded it a second time, but both copies compared equal, and still no joy. The table of hardware lists 'trunk' as the required openwrt version, yet the product-specific page indicates that the 12.09 release version is appropriate. Is that incorrect, and I should compile my own from the current svn? Is there a possibility that the TFTP load image might work? Should I set up the right environment for tftp and try that image?

Assuming that I'm able to get openwrt loaded, and at some point I wish to re-flash with a newer release, how might I do it? Is the TFTP flash routine built-in to the hardware, or is it part of the factory firmware, and will disappear with a successful flash of openwrt? If I want to use the Luci facility to upgrade the firmware, what is an 'appropriate image'? Would I use the 'factory' version, the 'tftp' version, or something else?

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
 Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
 that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                       entitled to constitutional rights.

                        http://www.MoveToAmend.org