Hello,

I would like to disable an interface (e.g. the preconfigured "wifi") interface
in a script.
I expected that "ifdown wifi" would accomplish this (or "ifdown lan" -
depending on the interface name, as seen in "Administration -> Network ->
Interfaces").

But it seems that this only removes the IP configuration of the interface. The
physical wifi interface (here: wlan0) still exposes the configured SSID.

"wifi down" would be an alternative approach for this problem (shutting down
all wifi interfaces). But I do not want to interfere with the other wifi
interfaces - thus this would not be an option for me.

Can someone recommend a way to disable specific wifi interfaces (ideally based
on the name of its logical network interface)?

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Lars