Hi,

> While working through the steps for a productive setup on Debian I came
> across the following instruction in
> https://github.com/openxpki/openxpki-config/tree/community#credentials--local-users
>
>> The files are already linked into the configuration layer and must
>> be created before the system can be used. Templates for those files
>> are provided in contrib/local, copy the directory cp -a
>> /etc/openxpki/contrib/local /etc/openxpki and adjust the files as needed.
>
> However, the directory "/etc/openxpki/contrib/local" is missing in both
> the package deployed config and the config from GitHub.
>
> Is this instruction a leftover of an abandoned approach or is the
> directory just missing because of a build error?
> If the latter is true, where can I get the directory from?

We use the local directory in our deployments to store files which may contain
sensitive information such as the database or LDAP server password. It also may
contain the CA private keys if you do not use a HSM and choose not to store the
CA key in the database.
These files are not checked into a revision control system for obvious reason,
hence they are not in the upstream config repository.

Best regards,

Martin