Hi,

> I am stuck in testing autorenew of scep requested certificates.
>
> This is my initial enrollment with certmonger :
> ```
> getcert request -c openxpki -f $certfolder/nginx2.crt -k
> $keyfolder/nginx2.key -g 4096 -r -N cn=nginx2.domain.lan -v -w -L
> SecretChallenge
> ```
>
> On client side, Certmonger is aware that the certificate will not be valid
> after 2022-02-14 15:03:47.

OpenXPKI supports SCEP enrollment as an initial enrollment (new private key,
unauthenticated/self-signed request) and as a renewal request (new private key,
request signed with existing/old certificate and key).
Renewal requests only work as long as the existing certificate is still valid.
With the default configuration/workflows it is not possible to renew an expired
certificate. This makes sense, a certificate should be renewed before it
expires.

> On OpenXPKI side. I understand that the SCEP server find the appropriate
> initial workflow (9983). But is it delevering a new certificate by telling
> "Delivered certificate via SCEP" ? Am I supposed to see a new workflow ?

Works as designed, this indicates that the client sends an initial enrollment
request, not a renewal request. If the original private key is used to request
the certificate, the existing certificate will be delivered.

Cheers

Martin