Hi Mukilan,

> Does it mean that we can't ignore signature verification for CSR? I will
> explain the use case. We would like to modify the SubjectDN/SAN as part of
> our own policy while internal clients (devices, computers and etc) are
> raising certificate requests. The internal clients will send the CSR to a
> proxy, then proxy will contact on behalf of client to send CSR and receive
> certificate. The proxy will do all the policy implementation related to
> Subject and SAN.
> Since the Subject DN/SAN is modified in proxy, we would like to instruct the
> OpenXPKI to ignore signature validation for CSR. Is there any
> way/configuration parameter to instruct the OpenXPKI to ignore the signature
> validation for CSR.

Well, this is not how it's supposed to work. ;)

I honestly cannot imagine a use case in which it would be necessary to modify
the CSR itself in order to enforce a naming policy (and I have seen a *lot* of
really strange requirements).
OpenXPKI itself provides sufficient means to selectively process data provided
in the CSR to form the desired DN/SANs. Get rid of that proxy and configure
your policy correctly.

Cheers

Martin