Hi,

> Am 29.09.2023 um 04:08 schrieb Lixin Liu <l...@sfu.ca>:
>
> I am using RHEL system which is not officially supported. But from what I
> see, there are
> only very minor difference. I have these:

Just to clarify: The Community Edition is available as source code and packaged
for Debian. However, OpenXPKI Enterprise Edition is available packaged for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE SLES and Ubuntu LTS.

Any HSM that can successfully be used on the command line with OpenSSL via
PKCS#11 should also work with OpenXPKI. How this exactly works depends on the
HSM and its PKCS#11 implementation.

Some hints:
- it has already been mentioned, but make sure that any environment variables
the driver needs is also set in OpenXPKI
- personally, I very much prefer the RFC 7512 URI scheme for specifying PKCS#11
objects (keys) in the OpenXPKI configuration instead of the traditional (and
somewhat obscure) slot notation. The GnuTLS p11tool is very useful in getting
the proper information needed for a particular HSM.

Otherwise the suggestions provided on the list should help get this up and
running.

Cheers

Martin