On 01/05/2014 03:41 PM, Marco Cirillo wrote:
> Il 05/01/2014 20:13, Mike Taylor ha scritto: So a lot of us flipped
> the "encryption required" flag for our Server-to-Server connections
> yesterday, how did it go? For my self it went very well, but I also
> tend to only communicate to other XMPP folks :)
>
> I would love to hear from operators and normal users about any
> results or issues that were seen or heard about.
>
> Thanks!
>
> It singled out a lot of big services here:
>
> - cisco.com and all webex jabber hosted services

We'll need POSH to include those for authenticated encryption. I'll
check into these further.

> - google talk and all google apps xmpp hosted domains (and it's
> more then you think...)

As mentioned, those are supposed to support unauthenticated encryption
(TLS + Dialback) before May 19th.

> - All servers which run Openfire even if they support TLS, they
> seem to trample on authentication steps when they open a stream to
> a server which presents both SASL and DB

It would be good to know more about what's happening here so that we
can ping Guus about it.

> - All servers which (seemingly) are pre-1.0 (even those who don't
> properly tag their strean headers)

Hopefully there aren't *too* many of those around anymore, since 1.0
was defined in 2004.

> And beside this had some not so nice encounters with very buggy
> jabberd2 servers which started to loop attempting to re-establish a
> connection (very fast beside) when the server closed down their
> streams.

I'll post to the jabberd2 list about that. Do we know what version of
jabberd2 was involved?

Other scenarios I'm curious about:

- - domains hosted at GMX, DreamHost, Flosoft, i-pobox.net, etc.
- - Office365 deployments
- - Lotus SameTime deployments

Peter