Dave, I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind for "discussion" around
candidacies this election, but I would like to remind everyone that what
feels like open debate can, when applied to people, become problematic and
even abusive *very* quickly.

It's also easy for such discussion to devolve into politicking, and I think
we need look no further than the current US election cycle to see how badly
that can go.

Finally, let me say that if we do engage in any debate on various
candidates on tech-discuss, I will be monitoring those conversations
closely and I expect that nothing even resembling a violation of our code
of conduct will occur. We are building a good sense of community here at
OPNFV and these committer-at-large elections are meant to increase that,
not polarize it.

Heather

*Heather Kirksey*
Director, OPNFV