Team,

Gerald K raised a good point:  what do you do in the event that you have an
issue that you want to document, but which won't be resolved until some
indefinite release in the future?

To deal with this case, I've added a version to all of the projects called
"Future Release".  So, if you don't want to assign the issue to Colorado
1.0, 2.0, 3.0, or D, then please assign it to this version.  Please, only
assign to this version if you are fairly certain that you won't resolve the
issue until after the D release.

Note that one implication of doing this is that you *must* periodically
review the issues assigned to 'Future Release' and either assign them to a
planned release, or close them.  On projects I've worked on in the past, we
often did this toward the end of a release, in preparation for the start of
the next release.

So, why not just leave "fix version" empty in this case?  The answer is
that we need to be able to differentiate between a positive decision to
assign an issue to an indefinite future release, and simply forgetting to
fill in the "fix version" field.

Let me know if  you have any questions.

David