All,

One of the topics discussed at the Q3 Hackfest last week was OPNFV mailing
lists.  After ~2 years, I think most will agree that the opnfv-tech-discuss
mailing list in particular has become difficult to digest.

The consensus among attendees last week was to keep opnfv-tech-discuss for
general and project-related discussions (using tags), but it'd make sense
to create additional mailing lists for other discussions.  Below is the
proposal that the attendees came up with and wanted to share this with the
rest of the community for feedback and further discussions.

   - Mailing list for Release discussions (e.g. opnfv-release)
   - Mailing lists for OPNFV working groups: create separate lists for Test
   (opnfv-test-wg), Infra (opnfv-infra-wg), and MANO (opnfv-mano-wg) working
   groups
   - Create new mailing lists for upstream discussions with OpenStack
   (opnfv-openstack) and OpenDaylight (opnfv-odl) communities
      - This will have the same set up as the mailing list already created
      for fd.io (fds-...@lists.opnfv.org)

Please jump in with your thoughts or other suggestions.  We can have email
discussions this week and try to come to a consensus during the TSC call
next week (September 6th).

Thanks,

Ray